I wrote this pretty neat blog utilizing some of my experience between Pepperdine's Career Coaching Program and career mentoring, as well as my own experience in helping several friends with their resumes. Most people have decent resumes, but they don't format them in a way that's not only aesthetically pleasing, but organized, coherent and appealing to a prospective employer.
Enjoy!
Dale Carnegie Training of North Dakota - 5 Resume Tips to Help You Get Noticed
2 comments:
Thanks so much for a link to the article; I would like to share my own experience in this field.
At he time I applied for the job I had my résumé “produced” on the electronic typewriter so it looked old-fashioned and had no special effects.
The person who interviewed me, despite his high position within the company, was not familiar the phrase “industrial power transmission repair experience” and asked irrelevant questions.
He repeated sentence “this job is not for you” 5 times (!) during the interview.
The company hired another person, however after 6 months he was terminated, and I was recalled back to fill the position I applied for with much higher pay rate I was offered first time.
Therefore it is very important who will read the resume and do the interview.
P.S. I am glad that I found your blog via “you tube”, as it gives very useful links to business management articles.
P.P.S. If you will be having another uptake scan you may ask, if “technetium” scan is better for you (Iodine is “heavy” on kidneys).
Glad you enjoyed the article! Thanks for the advice on the uptake scan.. don't think I'm going to need it though! Thank god! :)
Post a Comment