Monday, May 23, 2011

A New Place.. A New Beginning..

I set July 1st as my official move out date a few months back. After a year and a half of living with my friend and her husband and 11yo son, I decided that it was time that I get my own place. I am grateful for their generosity in letting me into their home, particularly when it was necessary due to some financial hardships at our work which affected our salaries. Things are looking better for us recently and with that and better budgeting on my own part, I have decided to make getting out onto my own again a priority for myself.

I did some searching on Craigslist and I found a few places, but they were either not in a very good neighborhoods, were out of my price range, were too far or they didn't have what I was looking for. I then found this place where the kitchen area was amazing. It's located in Lomita, which isn't too far from where I am right now. In fact, it's located across the street from a police department and there are even a few police officers that have apartments in this facility. It has gated entry and gated parking. It has a pool and laundry room. It's got remodeled kitchens with granite countertops, new cabinets, dishwasher, stove and fridge. It's also got tile flooring and ceiling fans. The second floor apartments have vaulted ceilings and they have a lot of closet space. It's wonderful!

Needless to say, I was so anxious to get word from the manager about whether or not I had gotten the unit that I was shown and had asked if I could put a deposit down and then move in on July 1st. On Friday, I received a call from the manager that he wasn't going to be able to offer me the apartment that I saw which had brown granite countertops unlike the photo shown above. However, he said that they did have a unit where the unit has all of the features the other one did but the countertops are the salt and pepper color (as shown above) and apparently the stove and dishwasher are larger and it's an end-unit, so I wouldn't share bedroom walls with anyone!

The next few weeks are going to be busy preparing for my move. I have my dining set and several boxes at my ex's house. I don't have any living room furniture at all, other than my TV and TV stand, so I am going to be looking into getting some new furniture soon. Just a lot to prepare, but oh so exciting!

For me, this move isn't just about getting my own place.. but it's really a new start for a lot of things in my life to take place which I'm very excited about. I feel like I have more control of my life and that things are starting to really happen for me!
__________________________________

HEALTH UPDATE:

Kidney. The kidney biopsy went well last Monday. The most painful part of the entire process was the local anesthetic, which burned for about 15-20 seconds when they administered it. After that, nothing was painful.. just weirdness. Feeling something poking and probing deep inside me and then after that, I just had tenderness whenever I breathe in deeply. In fact, I still can feel some tenderness when I do that. My next appointment with my new nephrologist is on May 31st. I'll find out the results of the biopsy then.

Thyroid. I recently changed endocrinologists. The new one I met with helped me understand so much better about what was going on with my body and why. She tested me back on the 13th of this month to see if I had both antibodies that attack the thyroid and cause it to be both overactive (hyperthyroidism) and underactive (hypothyroidism). I have my next appointment with her this Thursday, where she will determine what is the next step from here. I am still experiencing quite a bit of hair loss. Today I picked up evening primrose oil supplements, which I have read will help with both the hair loss and hair regrowth, so I am hoping that will kick in soon.

Either way, I'm just happy to be under the treatment of these new doctors who seem to know how to treat their patients so much better than the ones I had before!

No comments: